Wednesday 14 January 2009

Important information

I've had a gentle gym session in a somewhat cold gym today. I think a swim is in order tomorrow. There now only 122 days until this race so that means only 121 training days left. It sounds like a lot when I view it like that ;¬)
Okay comrades here is the important stuff, hope you are listening. For the passed 3 years Starfish have very kindly and beautifully displayed a webpage for me on their website. All funds I have raised have been used to help 'The Tanzania Project'. You can read all about it by clicking on this link

http://www.rutgerhauer.org/rutgerhauer.org/fundraisingrun.php

Essentially the money is being used to buy urgently needed cots and heaters to make life more bearable for HIV+ newborn babies. So sad poor, poor things. As it is they are 3 to a cot but I believe this situation is slowly improving. Also a couple of years a go they moved to new premises. A good job too I have to admit to being alarmed and saddened at the condition of the old hospital, on its outside anyway. I guess its the inside that counts.

Take care xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment